Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MANTIS POND


MANTIS POND
Originally uploaded by rsconnett

MANTIS POND - 12" X 24" Acrylic on canvas 9/2009

This is another 'interim' painting, (I will not call it a study) moving towards a larger piece 'UNDERWORLD IV'. This is character development. The cobra lilies are becoming more cobra-like. The caterpillars are evolving. The mantis is a new character, as is the black widow spider. There are many black widows were I live. They amaze me.

I'll probably move into the larger piece now. I've used this same palette and same basic theme in my last 3 or 4 paintings. I plan to continue specializing like this, continue to explore where this world will take me, until I have exhausted the potential of this world. That might very well be never.

If only I could live forever.

No comments: