Saturday, April 24, 2010

Machine Gun Face


Machine Gun Face
Originally uploaded by rsconnett

MACHINE GUN FACE (WAR MACHINE II)
12" x 16" ~ Acrylic on canvas

This is a character I plan to use in my latest large project, (TRANSMUTATIONISTS) I'm sure he will look considerable different by the time he gets in the big picture.

Transmutationists is a painting full of (allegorical) characters such as this. These players in my painting, (Painted story, if you will) are representative of the melding of man and machine. A merger or a unification of our inventions, our bodies and our minds.

Perhaps this idea is becoming cliche. However, I'm still very much interested in it.

In the large painting I am depicting different possibilities. Some are warlike, like this guy. Some are devoted to energy, some to information, some possibly to something more esoteric. I'm not done with the piece yet.

No comments: